This is one of the healthiest breakfast delights, which is commonly served in all Southindian states.Last night, I made this dinner platter-vegetable idly, tomato chutney and milagai podi (gun powder). Vegetable idli is quite filling; calorie rich food which is good for growing kids and also keeps us full for long time. Here is the recipe for Vegetable Idli
Idli Batter 2 cups
Grated Carrot ¼ Cup
Finely chopped green chilies 1 tsp.
Finely chopped Curry leaves 1 Tbsp.
Ground Black Pepper ½ Tsp.
Salt a pinch.
Ghee ½ Tsp.
Oil 1 Tsp.
- In a bowl, add all above ingredients expect oil, and whisk it and make a thick batter and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Grease the idli mould with oil and pour idli batter into each mould.
- Repeat these processes till all the idli mould are filled.
- Meanwhile , add about 2 cups of water to the idli cooker and heat it.
- Now place the idli stand with moulds inside the cooker.
- Cover and let it steam for 10 minutes till the idlis are cooked.
- Take out the idli stand and leave for 5 minutes
- .After it cools down, take the idlis out with the help of a knife.
- Serve hot with sambhar and chutney.
If you found this post useful, I would really love it if you pin it or share it with your Facebook fans or Twitter followers or Google+ circles today. All it takes is a simple click on the “pin it” “like,” “share,” “tweet,” or Google+ buttons below the post. It will keep me motivated.