Mango ginger belongs to the ginger family. It looks like ginger but smells like raw mango. This pickle is very famous in South India. This pickle will compliment to the plain Thayir Sadam. This pickle is one of the easy pickles that you can make it in a hurry.
Pickle Powder(see the link) 2 Tbsp.
Salt 1 Tsp.Lemon juice 1 Tbsp.
Oil 1 Tsp.
Mustard seeds ½ Tsp.
Asafetida powder 1/8 Tsp.
Curry leaves Few
- Clean the mango inji completely. Cut mango ginger into thin round slices.
- Combine the manga inji with other ingredients. Mix well
- Temper seasonings in oil and pour it in to the pickle and mix well.
- Store it in a glass jar and use after a day.
- Store it in the refrigerator.
- Serve with curd rice and chapattis.
See other Manga Inji Pickle: