The sprouted moong, which is a concentrated source of vitamins, proteins, minerals and active enzymes, gives a healthy punch to this dosa. It is filling, vegan and gluten free. You can make these Dosas even more nutritious by adding paneer, greens and seasonal vegetables like carrots, beetroots and roll it like a wrap. No fermentation needed. 🙂
Sprouted Green Moong Dhal 3 Cups
Grated Ginger 2 Tablespoon
Green Chillies 4 Nos.
Cumin seeds ½ Teaspoon
Chopped Spinach ¼ cup
Chopped Mint leaves 1 Tablespoon
Chopped coriander leaves 1 Tablespoon
Asafetida Powder ½ Teaspoon
Salt To Taste
Vegetables oil for Dosa As required
How to Sprout Moong bean?
- Wash and soak the bean overnight. Morning drain them completely.
- Tie them in a muslin cloth. Keep it in the bowl and close it with the lid, and keep it in a warm, dark place.
- Leave the Moong Beans for 2 days checking on them occasionally. If the cloth seems to have dried up, lightly sprinkle water on it to re-moisten it.
- Prepare the Moong beans for eating by placing them in a covered container in the refrigerator until you are ready to use them.
- Grind all above ingredients together, grind it slightly coarsely. Now Batter is Ready.
For Making Dosa:
- Heat the griddle and pour 2 ladle of batter and spread in a circular motion.
- Drizzle a teaspoon of oil on the edges of the Dosa and cook both sides till the bottom of the Dosa is golden brown.