Kumbalanga Curry is a very easy to prepare dish and can be used with steamed rice.
Chopped Kumbalanga (White Pumpkin) – 1 1/2 cup
Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp.
Chili Powder - 1/4 tsp.
Salt - as required
To Be Grind
Grated Fresh Coconut - 2 tbsp.
Jeera - 1/2 tsp.
Grated Ginger – 1tsp.
Green chilies – 3 no
Coconut oil / cooking oil 1 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp.
Red chilies – 2 no
Asafetida – ¼ tsp
- Grind Coconut, green chilies, ginger with Jeera and a little water to a fine paste
- Mix the grounded coconut with the cooked Kumbalanga.
- Heat Oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds, curry leaves, Asafetida and dry red chilies.
- Pour the seasonings to the of Kumbalanga mixture
- Serve with Steamed or boiled rice.