Big Potatoes boiled, peeled, mashed - 4 no
Chopped green chilies 2 nos
Grated ginger 1 tsp.
Green coriander chopped 3 tbsp.
Lime juice 1tsp
Chopped Curry leaves 1 tsp.
Green chilies (Slit Lengthwise) 2 nos
Salt to taste
Vegetables oil for deep frying
For the outer covering
Bengal gram (Besan) 1 cup
Turmeric Powder ¾ tsp.
Baking soda A pinch
Salt to taste
Vegetable oil for deep frying
Vegetable oil for deep-frying
Bread (Pav) 4 no
Butter 2 tbsp.Fried Green chilies – 4 no
Green Chutney (Grind together -mint, coriander leaves, roasted jeera powder, green chilies, 1 tsp. lemon juice)
Turmeric Chutney (Grind together - Dates, Tamarind paste, jiggery, black salt, red chili powder, chaat powder)
- Mash potatoes very well. Add chopped green chilies, ginger, curry leaves, salt and coriander leaves. Mix lemon juice in it and mix very well. Divide the mixture equally into small dumplings.
- Mix the gram flour with salt and turmeric powder and baking soda. Add enough water to make a batter of medium thick consistency.
- Heat the oil in a wok deep fry the dumpling (potato Vada), now coat the dumplings with the batter and deep fry till golden brown and keep it on a tissue paper to absorb the excess oil.
- Take the pav (bun breads), make a slit in between. Spread butter, Tamarind chutney, and green chutney on one side of the bread.
- Stuff the vada in between and serve the Vada Pav with fried green chilies and Tomato ketchup.