This is a quick side dish for Pongal / Dosa /Rice Uppuma. It`s pretty much easy and simple to make.
Big Ripe Tomatoes - 4 no
Ginger Grated – 1 tsp
Green chillies – 2 no
Red Chili Powder – 1 /2 tsp
Turmeric Powder –a pinch
Salt to taste
Oil - 1tsp
Mustard Seeds -1/2 tsp
Hing - 1/8tsp
Curry leaves - few
- Chop all the tomatoes very nicely and set aside.
- In a kadai, add a spoon of oil and when hot, pop in all seasonings.
- When the mustard splutters, add grated ginger, slit green chilies and a pinch of Hing .Saute for few seconds.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes, turmeric, salt and red chili powder and mix and stir in well.
- Simmer for about ten minutes and switch off heat.
- Serve with dosa,Idli,Venn Pongal