Medicinal and Health Benefits of Gooseberry:
- Gooseberry promotes healthier hair.
- Gooseberry also strengthens the eyes.
- Gooseberry also helps to flush out toxins
Here I used Frozen Gooseberry.
Frozen Gooseberry - 15 no
Kashmiri chili powder - 4tbsp
Turmeric powder 1/2 Tsp.
Vinegar 2 tbsp.
Fenugreek seeds - ¼ tsp.
Oil (Gingerly) - 3 tbsp.
Mustard seeds 1 tsp.
Hing (asafetida) 3/4 Tsp.
Salt to taste.
- Cook gooseberry in water and little salt. Allow it to cool.
- Keep the water aside and remove the seeds from the berry and slice it into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a kadai and add mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds. When it splutters, add gooseberries and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat and add chilly powder, turmeric powder, Asafetida and salt.
- Roast it well and pour required amount of water (water which was used to cook the gooseberry) and vinegar into it and boil well.
- Add the cooked gooseberry into it and mix well. Remove it from fire and cool it.
- Store the pickle in a clean and dry bottle. This can be stored for a month or more, if refrigerated.