This is very easy and simple to make. This is very good item for Pathiya Thaligai. Unlike a podi, a paruppu thogayal cannot be stored for long. This thogayal goes well excellently with Milaghu Kuzhambhu.
Thuvar Dhal (Red gram Dhal) - ¼ cup
Chenna dhal 1 tsp
Black Pepper ¼ tsp.
Coconut 2 tbsp.
Salt to taste
- .Heat a pan ,when it gets warm pour the Dal and black pepper
- Roast till golden brown and cool it.
- Grind the ingredients adding coconut and a little bit of water and salt to it.
- The consistency should be thick.
- Don’t forget to add a teaspoon of sesame oil while mixing this thogayal with rice.
- This thogayal is good combination with Milaghu kuzhambhu, sutta Pappad, fried Manathathakali.