Omapodi is an easy snack made during any festivels.
Besan flour/Kadalamavu: 2 cups
Rice flour: ½ cup
Omam/Ajwain: 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
- Soak the Omam/Ajwain in 2 tbsp of hot water for ½ hours. Then grind it very nicely.
- Sieve both Besan and rice flour and mix with Omam paste.
- Add water little by little and make soft dough.
- Heat oil in the kadai, when its medium hot ,take small quantity of dough and put it in the Sev press and squeeze it in circular motion directly to the hot oil.
- Fry till it becomes crispy and light golden yellow; drain the excess oil on kitchen towel.
- Cool & Store it in an airtight container.