Idli Rice (Boiled Rice) 4 cups
Urud Dal 1 cup
Fenugreek seeds 3/4 tsp
Tuvar dhal 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Method to prepare Batter
- Wash and clean the rice and dhal and soak separately for 6 hours.
- Grind the dhals with fenugreek seeds and rice for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Mix the dough with hand only. Do not use Spatulas. This is good for fermentation.
- Leave it for fermentation (In winter, Pre heat the oven 275F and switch off and place the batter and leave it for overnight).
- Next day takeout the dough and add salt and mix it with hand.
- Batter is ready.