Methi Theplas is a very good type of Indian bread which keeps good for a week and especially a healthy travel food. Methi Theplas is one of my favorite Gujarat dishes .It is very easy to cook and nice to eat. This theplas are very good for Diabetic patients.
Wheat Flour 1 cup
Crushed Green Chillies 2 no.
Chopped freshly fenugreek leaves ½ cup
Red chili powder 1 tsp.
Turmeric powder 1/4tsp.
Ginger paste 1 tsp.
Ajwain ½ tsp.
Jeera powder 1/2 tsp.
Hing 2 pinches
Ghee 1 tsp
Curd 1 tsp.
Salt to taste.
Oil as needed
- Remove the fenugreek leaves from the stem and wash thoroughly. Chop the leaves coarsely.
- Take a wide plate or vessel, put wheat flour.
- Mix all the ingredients and fenugreek leaves in it.
- Add a teaspoon of oil and knead it. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Then make even size small balls of the dough. Roll out into disc shape of 5” diameter.
- Heat the griddle (tawa) on a medium flame. When hot, pour some ghee or oil and roast the Rotis on both sides ,till they are well-cooked.
- Keep adding ghee/oil at regular intervals till the Methi Roti is golden brown in color.
- Serve them hot with chutney or curd.