Kara Boodhi is a simple savory. This crunchy snack,we both like it. This is can be eaten alone or with curd. Make delicious Kara Boondhi using this simple recipe from Madappalli. Try this recipe and share your comments..
Gram flour (Besan) - 2 cup
Rice Flour –a handful
Water - 1 to 2 cups (make sure u add slowly)
Red Chili powder 4 tsp.( Adjust to your spice level)
Asafetida - 1/4 teaspoon
Curry leaves- few stems
Peanut - 1/4 cup
Cashew nut - ¼ cup
Kismish (Raisins) 1/4cup
Salt- to taste
Oil- for deep fry
Ghee 1 tbsp.
Jalli karandi - 1 (Making boondi)
Kuzhi Karandi – 1 (for pouring batter)
Jalli karandi - 1 no (draining them from oil)
- Take a bowl; add the Besan flour, rice flour, salt, asafetida, little chili powder and one small ladle of hot oil.
- Mix well, make a batter of curd like consistency.(add water gradually till it gets dripping consistency)
- Heat the oil in a kadai. Hold the Jalli karandi over the heated oil.
- Pour a ladle full of batter on the Jalli karandi and rub it very fast with the back of ladle through the holes.
- Cook until golden yellow color and remove from the fire, when the hissing sound ceases.
- Repeat the procedure with the remaining batter.
- Fry red chili powder and Hing (in a low heat) and add to the boondi.
- Fry cashews, raisins, peanuts, whole red chilies and curry leaves separately in ghee.
- Add to the boondi, and mix well. Sprinkle salt if needed.
- Serve this savory with Hot Masala chai or Degree Coffee.
- You can use pepper powder , instead of chili powder.