On the festival day, women in the Indian households prepare sweet as well as spicy delicacies. One of the popular snack item made especially for the festival is Murukku .The dish is prepared easily, with raw rice/Parboiled rice as the main ingredient. I already posted MulluMurukku, Thenkuzhal Murukku recipes in my blog. Here you go the next variety of Murukku. It is amazing taste. Definitely you will like it.
Parboiled rice 2 cups
Urdh dhal powder 2 tbsp.(dry fried)
Asafetida powder 1 tsp.
Red chili powder 1 tsp.
Cumin seeds ¼ tsp.
Black sesame seeds ½ tsp.
Salt to taste.
Coconut oil 1 tsp.
Unsalted butter 1 tbsp.(melted)
Cooking Oil for deep frying
- Wash and soak the rice for 3 hours.
- Grind with very little water into a smooth paste.
- Mix rice flour, urdh dhal powder ,red chili powder, asafetida powder, cumin & sesame seeds and salt
- Mix melted butter and coconut oil in it and knead well into firm dough.
- Heat a oil in a kadai. Keep the medium stove heat
- Fill the Murukku press with the prepared dough using the 1 eyed Mullu blade Make Murukku on a plate and fry them in batches.
- Fry till crispy & golden color. Remove from the fire and transfer into a kitchen tissue and let it cool.
- When they are at room temperature, store in air tight container.