I always prepare almost all the powders at home from scratch in order to avoid using commercially available powders. I recommend this powder ,if you are preparing pepper rasam.
Coriander seeds ½ cup
Black Pepper 3 tbsp.
Cumin seeds 1 tbsp.
Dry red chilies 10 no.
Red Gram (Toor dhal) 3 tbsp.
Curry leaves few
Asafetida 1 tsp.
Turmeric powder ¼ tsp.
Ghee 1 tsp.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, fry red chilies till they become brown in color.Keep aside.
- The same pan fry coriander seeds, red grams, peppercorns, curry leaves , Hing and cumin seeds.
- Powder all above fried ingredients very coarsely.
- Add Turmeric powder in it and mix it well.
- Keep the rasam powder in a glass jar.
- You powder is used for Jeera Milaghu Rasam