Lemons are soaked in water, salt and lemon juice. This is oil free and spice free pickle. When I have stomach bug or feeling nausea, I quickly chew on the lemon skin to combat it.
Large Lemons 6 no.
Turmeric Powder ½ tsp.
Fresh Tender ginger 3 tbsp.(Peeled and thinly chopped)
Salt to taste.
Water 2 cups.
- Wash and cut the lime, big pieces.
- Heat water in a pan, add salt and turmeric powder. When the water boils rapidly add chopped lemons in it and allow it boil for a minute.
- Add ginger pieces in it and mix well.
- Store it in a glass jar. When you are pouring them into the jars, push the lemons, and ginger inside such that they get compressed in the juice. There should be a layer of liquid on top.
- Keep refrigerated. You can use this after two weeks. This will keep forever refrigerated.