HAPPY NEW YEAR 2016
Maladus are very popular in Tamil Nadu. Call it a cousin of the Besan ladoo!! Maladu is made from roasted chutney dhal (Pottukadalai). This is very tasty sweet and easy to make.
Roast gram dal / Dariya Dal / Pori Kadala 1 cup .
Sugar ¾ cup
Cashew nuts 2 Tbsp.
Ghee 1 cup (you may not need it all)
Powdered cardamom 1 Tsp
- Take a nonstick pan, roast the roasted gram. Just roast till it is aromatic. Do not allow it to change color.
- Powder, the dal, cardamom and sugar fine separately.
- Roast the cashew in a 1 tsp of ghee and add this to the mixture.
- Melt the ghee. Pour this over the mixture and mix well.
- It might form lumps. Mix it gently with your hands and break them.
- As it is still warm, start making small balls out of it.
- Store it in an airtight container for a couple of weeks.
- You can make the powders and store them separately to whip this up even more quickly.