Baby potatoes are always everyone’s favorite. This flavorful baby potatoes are roasted with aromatic spices. It is easy to prepare and it can also be served as a starter; on toothpicks. These are a perfect accompaniment for Sāmbhar, rasam with hot rice!!
Baby Potatoes 15 no.
Salt to taste
Red chili Powder 1 tbsp.
Turmeric Powder ½ tsp.
Sāmbhar Powder 1 tbsp.
Madras curry powder ¼ tsp.
Fennel powder ¼ tsp.
Oil 2 tbsp.
Cumin seeds ¼ tsp.
Fennel seeds ¼ tsp.
- Wash the potatoes very well. Slit or prick with a fork.
- Add a little water and pressure cook for 1 whistle. Peel the skin and keep aside.
- Preheat the oven and keep the potatoes for 8 minutes in the oven.
- Take a small bowl add 1 tsp. of oil, add all masala powders and salt in it and make a paste.
- Mix this paste with baked potatoes and keep aside for aside.
- In a cost iron pan, heat the oil, when oil is hot, add cumin and fennel seeds and allow to crackle.
- Now simmer the stove add the boiled potatoes mixture and shallow fry till potatoes are roasted
- Serve hot with rice.